16-Hour HAZWOPER Upgrade
Already have 24-Hour HAZWOPER training?
NEED full 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification...
Don't waste time and money on a new 40-Hour HAZWOPER course...
Attend Compliance Solutions 16-Hour HAZWOPER Upgrade!
This instructor-led training seminar provides full 40-Hour Certification (including hands-on training) for employees previously certified as an "Occasional Site Worker" (24-Hour HAZWOPER) under 29 CFR 1910.120(e). This training eliminates the time and expense required to attend the 40-Hour course in its entirety.
16 Hour HAZWOPER Training
Our 16-Hour HAZWOPER upgrade covers health and safety procedures, personnel protection, respiratory protection, and the opportunity to participate in a HAZWOPER site dress-out exercise. 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification is applicable to work operations at hazardous material sites and workplaces with IDLH environments. Students attending this course receive 16 additional hours of training and must pass a certification exam required under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(q).
Successfully completing this course provides the additional classroom training for 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification under 29 CFR 1910.120(e). Subject to your company's risk management and/or site safety plan, workers may participate in site clean-up activities and the removal of hazardous waste and materials.
MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete 16-Hours of additional training and pass a final examination.
Original 24-Hour training must have been taken with Compliance Solutions within the LAST 5-years
- Students must surrender their ORIGINAL 24-Hour HAZWOPER certification at class. Copies will not be accepted
- Students must provide state or federal, government-issued photo identification that matches the name on the certificate.
- Students will be issued a NEW 40-Hour HAZWOPER certificate and wallet card after successfully passing the course certification exam.
Who needs 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training?
Students with 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification, who need 40-Hour training and certification can now upgrade. Provided you took your original course less than 5-years ago, this option saves you money and time!
If you aren’t sure if you qualify for 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training (or have questions about any other course we offer) just start a chat (using the chat button above) or call us for prompt and friendly help at 1-800-711-2706 Ext 1
- Meters and Monitoring Fire Protection Requirements
- Confined spaces Handling Drums and Containers
- Sampling and Packaging Decontamination
- Site Emergencies Hazardous Waste
- Hazard Communication Handling Hazardous Materials
- Updates/News/Case Studies Dress Out Exercise
- 16 Hour HAZWOPER Final Exam
Upon successful completion of the 16 Hour HAZWOPER Seminar Course, students will:
- Discuss the safety and strategy behind the movements and handling of drums and containers.
- Discuss the basics of taking potential hazardous samples for a hazardous materials site.
- Discuss how to set up and operate a decontamination line.
- Discuss how to prepare your location for a Site emergency.
- Discuss recent updates to OSHA regulations.
- Review various sections of HAZWOPER regulations.
PREREQUISITE: 24-Hour HAZWOPER OSHA Training and refreshers (if applicable)
TIME REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE: 16 hours
Looking for our other HAZWOPER Courses?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
16 Hour HAZWOPER Training is for students who want to upgrade their 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification to 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification. It includes the extra training required by 40 Hour HAZWOPER, including hands-on training!
If you received 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification and decided you want or need a 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification, you can take a 16 Hour HAZWOPER class to upgrade the 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification to 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification. This course should include the hands-on training that OSHA requires!
Anyone who wants to upgrade their 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification to 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification will save time and money by taking the 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training instead of a full 40 Hour Course.
16 Hour HAZWOPER can only be taken in a classroom setting that includes hands-on training to be compliant with OSHA! Don’t let any training company tell you that you don’t need the hands-on training portion!
The HAZWOPER upgrade from 24 Hour to 40 hour takes 16 hours of classroom training to complete. The time difference between the 24 and 40 Hour course.
All HAZWOPER Certifications are good for 12 months. After the initial training course, students need to take a refresher course annually to learn about any updates or changes to HAZWOPER.
HAZWOPER is an acronym for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
There are two HAZWOPER Training levels but four different training courses. 40 Hour HAZWOPER- Workers responsible for cleanup operations. 24 Hour HAZWOPER- Occasional site workers not involved in cleanup operations. 16 Hour HAZWOPER - Upgrade from 24 hour to 40 Hours. 8 Hour HAZWOPER - Refresher training must be completed annually to maintain certification for the 24 and 40 Hour HAZWOPER.
Most HAZWOPER courses can be taken either online, virtually or in a classroom setting (except 40 Hour HAZWOPER and 16 Hour HAZWOPER). The 40 Hour course can be completed partially online but must include in-person, hands-on training to be compliant with OSHA regulations. 16 Hour certification is delivered in person.