16-Hour HAZWOPER Upgrade
If you took 24-Hour HAZWOPER training and need the complete 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification...
Don't spend the time and money attending a full 40-Hour HAZWOPER course... Take Compliance Solutions 16-Hour HAZWOPER Upgrade!
This instructor-led training seminar provides full 40-Hour Certification (including hands-on training) for employees previously certified as an "Occasional Site Worker" (24-Hour HAZWOPER) under 29 CFR 1910.120(e). This training eliminates the time and expense required to attend the 40-Hour course in its entirety.
16 Hour HAZWOPER Training
Our 16-Hour HAZWOPER upgrade covers health and safety procedures, personnel protection, respiratory protection, and the opportunity to participate in a HAZWOPER site dress-out exercise, applicable to work operations at hazardous material sites. Students attending this course will receive 16 additional hours of HAZWOPER safety training and a certification exam required under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(q).
Successfully completing this training will provide the classroom training required to be 40-Hour HAZWOPER certified under 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and (subject to your company's risk management and/or site safety plan) allows you to participate in site clean-up activities as well as the removal of hazardous waste and materials.
- Students are issued a NEW 40-Hour HAZWOPER certificate and wallet card after successfully passing the course certification exam.
- Initial 24-Hour HAZWOPER training MUST have been completed within the past 5-years otherwise you must re-take 40-Hour HAZWOPER training (40-Hour HAZWOPER Schedule or 40-Hour Blended training- Online and Seminar)
You MUST surrender your original 24-Hour HAZWOPER certification at class and provide a state or federal government photo ID matching the name on the certificate. Call 1-800-711-2706 X 1 with any questions before registering.
- Students who do not meet these requirements will NOT be issued a new certificate or tuition refund. No Exceptions.
Who needs 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training?
Anyone that already has a 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification and wants to upgrade to the 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification can save so money and time by taking this 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training!
If you aren’t sure if you need 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training or any other course we offer, please start a chat above with the chat button or call us for more information or with any other questions you may have! 1-800-711-2706
- Meters and Monitoring Fire Protection Requirements
- Confined spaces Handling Drums and Containers
- Sampling and Packaging Decontamination
- Site Emergencies Hazardous Waste
- Hazard Communication Handling Hazardous Materials
- Updates/News/Case Studies Dress Out Exercise
- 16 Hour HAZWOPER Final Exam
Upon successful completion of the 16 Hour HAZWOPER Seminar Course, students will:
- Discuss the safety and strategy behind the movements and handling of drums and containers.
- Discuss the basics of taking potential hazardous samples for a hazardous materials site.
- Discuss how to set up and operate a decontamination line.
- Discuss how to prepare your location for a Site emergency.
- Discuss recent updates to OSHA regulations.
- Review various sections of HAZWOPER regulations.
PREREQUISITE: 24-Hour HAZWOPER OSHA Training and refreshers (if applicable)
REQUIRED TIME TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE: 16 hours
Special Pricing for Compliance Solutions Students: If you took your 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training with Compliance Solutions, you will receive a $100 discount off our normal price. Verification of training is required before receiving the discount. Please call 800-711-2706 Ext 1 BEFORE you purchase!
Looking for one of our other HAZWOPER Courses?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
16 Hour HAZWOPER Training is for students who want to upgrade their 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification to 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification. It includes the extra training required by 40 Hour HAZWOPER, including hands-on training!
If you received 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification and decided you want or need a 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification, you can take a 16 Hour HAZWOPER class to upgrade the 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification to 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification. This course should include the hands-on training that OSHA requires!
Anyone who wants to upgrade their 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification to 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification will save time and money by taking the 16 Hour HAZWOPER Training instead of a full 40 Hour Course.
16 Hour HAZWOPER can only be taken in a classroom setting that includes hands-on training to be compliant with OSHA! Don’t let any training company tell you that you don’t need the hands-on training portion!
The HAZWOPER upgrade from 24 hour to 40 hour takes 16 hours of classroom training to complete. The time difference between the 24 and 40 hour course.
All HAZWOPER Certifications are good for 12 months. After the initial training course, students need to take a refresher course annually to learn about any updates or changes to HAZWOPER.
HAZWOPER is an acronym for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
There are two HAZWOPER Training levels but four different training courses. 40 Hour HAZWOPER- Workers responsible for cleanup operations. 24 Hour HAZWOPER- Occasional site workers not involved in cleanup operations. 16 Hour HAZWOPER - Upgrade from 24 hour to 40 hour. 8 Hour HAZWOPER - Refresher course for 24 and 40 hour Certifications.
All HAZWOPER courses can be taken either online or in a classroom setting except 40 Hour HAZWOPER and 16 Hour HAZWOPER (upgrade from 24 hour to 40 hour). The 40 Hour course can be completed partially online but must include an in-person hands-on portion of the class to compliant with OSHA, and the 16 hour course is all in person.