OSHA Top 10 Most Citied Standards 2020! Can you guess what's on top?
OSHA release their top 10 most citied standards for the 2020 fiscal year and big shock to everyone in the safety industry fall protection is on top again!
2020 OSHA Top 10 Most Citied Standards
- Fall Protection – General Requirements 5,424
OSHA 1926.501 - Covers the responsibility of an employer to provide fall protection systems to all employees working at height.
- Hazard Communication 3,199
OSHA 1910.1200 – Covers HAZCOM or the communication of hazardous materials from beginning to end user including training, labeling/marking and GHS.
Do you need Hazard Communication Training (HAZCOM)? Try our Online HAZCOM Course!
- Respiratory Protection 2,649
OSHA 1910.134 – Covers the responsibility of an employer to provide respiratory protection when applicable including fit testing, medical evaluation, and a respiratory protection program.
- Scaffolding 2,538
OSHA 1926.451 – Covers the rules for scaffolding including when and how it should be used and safety rules for scaffolding.
- Ladders 2,129
OSHA 1926.1053 – Covers the requirements for all ladders including job made ladders.
- Lockout/Tagout 2,065
OSHA 1910.147 – Covers the control of hazardous energy, use of lockout tagout devices, energy control programs, and training.
- Powered Industrial Trucks 1,932
OSHA 1910.178 – Covers the general requirements for the safe operation of powered industrial trucks which includes forklifts.
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements 1,621
OSHA 1926.503 – This part for the standard covers the training portion of the Fall Protection Standard. Everyone working at height must receive Fall Protection Training before starting work.
- Personal Protective and Life Saving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection 1,369
OSHA 1926.102 – Covers the general requirements for the use of face and eye protection to protect from hazards from flying particles, molten metal, liquid chemicals, acids or caustic liquids, chemical gases or vapors, or potentially injurious light radiation.
- Machine Guarding 1,313
OSHA 1910.212 – Covers the general requirements for the protection of people who work around machines with rotating parts, nip points, and flying pieces.
Last Year's List
- Fall Protection - General Requirements (1926.501): 6,010
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 3,671
- Scaffolding - General Requirements (1926.451): 2,813
- Control of Hazardous Energy - Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 2,606
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,450
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,345
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 2,093
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,773
- Machine Guarding– General Requirement (1910.212): 1,743
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,411
As you can see the top ten still includes all of the same standard some switched positions Ladders moved from 6th to 5th, respiratory protection went from 5th to 3rd and lockout tagout fell from 4th to 6th.
All of these standard are easy to fix with proper training and implementation of a safety program! If you have any comments or questions comment below or call us at 1-800-711-2706
- Compliance Solutions