ISO New Guidelines: Worker Health & Safety During Covid-19!
The ISO or International Organization for Standardization has released health and safety guidelines (ISO/PAS 45005) for both employers and employees to follow while working during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Experts from 26 countries worked hard to create guidance in just three months, which is faster than the year it usually takes them to develop international Standards.
The document provides guidance on topics like:
- Plans for reopening after closure due to an outbreak
- How to operate safely during this time
- How to fix issues that could lead to health hazards
- Measures to take when an employee is infected to ensure the safety of other workers who may have come into contact with them
ISO/PAS 45005 also provides information on topics like:
- PPE- Including what types of PPE qualify
- Common Areas
- Entry into the workplace
- Work-related travel
- Moving between workplaces
- And much more!
For more information and the complete ISO/PAS 45005 document, visit: www.ISO.org
- Compliance Solutions